Saturday, August 8, 2009

A weekend at the Lake

My friends and I had been trying to arrange a fun camping trip for quite some time now. We all have such different lives and schedules that it was much more difficult to plan something than we had thought. One weekend we just planned it though, we were going to head up to Bear Lake, if you weren't able to make it then sorry maybe somet. Fortunately Lover Boy, Little Princess, and I were able to. We are so lucky to have friends who don't mind (and truth be told I think they prefer it) when we bring the kiddos along. We left little Man with my parents because I'm just the trooper mom who knows how to camp with little babes.

I rode up with Sergei, which turned out to be a nice drive with great conversation. Lover Boy, Little Princess, Maria and Steph all rode in the other vehicle. They didn't have as peaceful a ride. Little Princess played "I spy" with all of them the entire way. LOL, what fun!

Right after we arrived at the destination, Dana and Emily stopped by for a little bit. They were going to stay the night at Dana's Families cabin not too far away because they aren't big on camping. It was fun to have them there for a little bit with us.:)

As we were setting up camp, the unavoidable happened...Steph and Maria were trying to set up their tent that was borrowed from our friend, but it had no poles!! We thought of all sorts of different ways we could jimmy rig it; but since town wasn't too far away we ventured to the store for poles. A new tent would be more cost efficient than poles.

Little Princess was just beside herself with excitement to sleep in a tent that she kept asking if it was bed time. Finally I told her that in fact it was time for her to go to bed, and off she went. Simple as that.

The rest of us had a blast laughing around the camp fire. We also attempted a late night swim, but I tell you what, that water was freezing!!! The ground was rocky and it totally was NOT worth it, but it was fun still.

We played at the beach (in still freezing water); I burned the corn on the cob; fought with a mouse that was much too near my tent (it was under my tent)...let me expand on that because it was so funny. Steph was in her tent napping, Maria and I are screaming and pointing (near the point of hyperventilating), Lover Boy and Sergei are laughing and running towards the little creature, and poor little princess was confused with all the ruckus. The mouse ran right under my tent, Lover Boy was able to push it out and Sergei was there waiting for it...The little mouse thought he was all big and bad and could take on Sergei. It was just as hilarious as it was disgusting to watch this tiny thing jump at Sergei's foot. While it jumped it squeeked. It was so funny. Fortunately we didn't see it again; I would've freaked!!

Mom, it's FREEZING!!



Yep, I'm still cold....







Kissing by the Campfire, so romantic










This was so hilarious. Maria got her shirt tangled in her bathing suit. LOL






No comments: