Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home




We made it home from the hospital this afternoon. I had asked lover boy to please not rush me out of the hospital, if I felt like I was completely ready to go home then I would, but otherwise to please understand that I might just feel like staying. He was really good and never complained or anything so we stayed the extra day. I'm sure he would've rather come home and slept in our bed and had our fridge to raid, but didn't mention one word about it; it was all about me...which I of course love.
You know, as most parents who have a child I'm sure will admit, we face a fear about loving the second child as much as the first. I really was concerned about this, especially being in the situation that I found myself. When I first became pregnant, it was of course a total and complete shock. I wasn't sure where lover boy and I were going, if anywhere even. I resented being pregnant quite a few times. I started to worry that this little being inside of me would sense it and tried to convince myself to be happy. When I didn't think about the opinions of others or worry about what situation looked like from the outside and just took it one day at a time I started to feel excitement. Then I felt guilty and worried about little princess. How this would all affect her...I was on an emotional roller coaster. I love little princess more than anything and felt that, regardless of what others said about not worrying because you will love all your children, either I would have to share my love for her with the baby or that I would just love her more. But of course when he was laid in my arms the love amount of love that I felt I could give doubled. I instantly felt an amazing power take over me.

I still feel concerned for little princess, she makes these little comments that makes me realize that she too has the same fears that I felt. I hope that I can make it clear to her that I still love her just as much, if not more; and at the same time making it clear to little man that I love him equally.
What a fun time we have had just spending a day in our home as a family
.

6 comments:

Chad, Krissie, Sotera & Slade said...

I am so glad that everything is going so great & everyone is healthy & happy! What a darling little family you have! I just love baby Zaden & what a cutie Ivy is! She is going to be the best big sister! I say there is enough love to go around! Especially from you, I don't know anyone as loving as you are! Get some rest & call me when you aren't an exhausted zombie!

Melissa Davis said...

Trichelle! He is just so cute! Congrats again. Everything will work out!

AlexFam said...

Oh he looks like a Ropelato when his eyes ar closed, but when the open...Joe all the way.

Congratulations!

Mandy and Nate said...

So glad to see you guys are home and doing good!! The pic of you, Ivy and Zaden is adorable. I had the same thoughts about being able to share the love. And you are so right how everything just doubled. Congrats again.

Dave n Bre plus thr3e! :o) said...

Hey Trichelle! I had to peek in from Krissie's blog and see that baby!! Krissie told me on Sunday you had him so I wanted to see a cute pic!! He's beautiful!! I'm glad everything went well for you, minus the epidural fiasco, SORRY!! :o) Congrats, both your kids are darling!! ~Bre
BTW~ Ivy's costume is the CUTEST THING EVER!!!! She is so dang cute!! Love the hair!! :o)

Shari said...

Congratulations!He is adorable. I think he looks a lot like Joe. I am not seeing to much Ropelato in him YET! Glad it went(bsides the epidural thing)well. Yes, you can love more than one just ask your mom! :-) Ivy will always have a special place beacuse she is the first but Zaden will be right up there! Enjoy your little man, they grow so quickly. I love that baby stage minus the sleepness nights and diapers. :-) Let me know how many times you get sprayed in the night. I was used to having a girl and wasnt quite sure with the boy thing when I was half asleep and changing diapers. :-)