Monday, March 30, 2009

It's Officially Official.....I'm getting Hitched

So many of you know Lover Boy & I have talked about getting married, I just wasn't ever quite ready to take the plunge and actually do it. It's been just talk that someday it will happen for about the last year. Well we talked about it some more in January or February but I thought I still wasn't ready just yet. Then after we got home from our cruise I thought and thought about it and did some meditating. I realized that I'm just letting the awful fear take over me, but that really I am ready. So we talked about it a little more, but decided to still just wait til we could get some money to have a little wedding without stressing out over it.

Since my dad is a bishop we've talked how we'd like him to do it. I thought it'd be really neat to be his first wedding, but awhile ago he'd told us that he'd been asked to do 2 weddings already; I just thought that the one was happening sooner when he told me it was May 9th the light bulb turned on...I could get a wedding put together before that. So I proposed to Joe, this was about the 3rd or 4th proposal that has taken place between us, but this time I said we had to get married by May 9th.

So here we go. We are going to throw together a very small and simple wedding by May 2nd. Joe asked my parent's permission last night so today I asked my mom to help me find a place and brainstorm. We didn't have much luck today with the few places we looked but I guess that's ok, we got some things eliminated. Then we went to the Bridal shop...nothing worth it there. I can't stand to spend money on a dress for such a small simple wedding that will never be worn again. But me being me, I still want to look pretty and have a nice wedding. That's kinda driving me crazy with this planning process. How do I incorporate small, simple, cheap, nice, pretty, memorable all together? Please offer any ideas if you know of any!!

10 comments:

Justin said...

this is ridiculous, I, your closest brother, have to find out that you are getting married by reading your blog, what is this world coming to? ps congrats

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! I will help in any way I can, just let me know. I am so excited for you guys! Love ya!

Photography By Shay V. said...

Congratulations!!! I can't wait to shoot your wedding w/ Melissa :)

I needed a budget friendly yet beautiful wedding too...and ya know what? It's totally possible! I found my dress at David's bridal on the sale rack for $200! Then I have a lady in Ogden who does alterations and she charged me $25 to alter it. Give me a buzz if you need to talk or any other pointers ;)

Congrats again! I'm so happy for you!!

ashley said...

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS! That is so super exciting!!! You will do so good planning a simple wedding, you are so creative, it is going to be just beautiful and so original. Good luck with all your planning!

AlexFam said...

TRICHELLE!!!! I'm so happy for you guys. I read it on you moms blog first and started crying a little bit because I think you're fabulous and love you like the little sister I never had, and I really want you to be happy! And how awesome that your dad is going to marry you guys. I would love to help if needed. I've been known to whip out a cake or two in my time. Well only two wedding cakes to be exact. But I would be happy to make something simple for you guys.

Congrats!

Natalie Ropelato said...

Congrats Trichelle! I'm so happy for the four of you :) From everything I've read about Joe on your blog he sounds like a keeper, so good for you!

Mandy and Nate said...

Congrats!! I'm so happy for you guys!! Let me know if I can help out with anything. Yeah try David's Bridal. Got my dress for $100. Wanna use it. LOL Congrats again and best of luck.

Kalie said...

I am so happy for you. Joe is a wonderful person and you deserve to be happy!

amity said...

sorry that the reception center didn't work out. let me know if you need help with anything. congratulations.

Chad, Krissie, Sotera & Slade said...

Let me know if I can help you! I love you & am so excited! Don't let the wedding stuff get you all worked up & stressed. All that matters is the two of you & the kiddies that day anyways!! So it will be special no matter what, it's the LOVE that counts!!!