Every year on my mom's birthday my grandparents have a dinner for her and her sister. Their birthadys are only a day apart. It's such a fun time each year for them to have all the families together, that seems to be really the only time each year that everyone is together.
Happy birthday mom, next year the big 50!
Qualities that I admire in my mom:
- the most caring person. She'll do anything that she can for anyone, regardless of how well she knows them. She's always doing service for others, and not because she ever feels obligated, but because she simply cares.
- Honest. She can't lie, it's impossible for her
- friend. My mom has always had so many friends. I've never really noticed because I think I was just raised with her always have so many that I didn't realize that's really not that common. She is a great friend and that is why she is able to have so many. She makes time for her friends and deeply cares for each one of them and their families.
- She loves to laugh and have fun. She's taken me with her many times all my growing up with her to various activities and let me just tell you she is so funny. She has yet to grow up and i love that about her. I've seen her bounce on hotel beds, do the splits, do somersaults and cartwheels, skip, paint her face, and the list goes on.
- She loves being a mom. She has always taken time to do fun things with us as kids. When I was younger I remember spending our summers at the waterslides, taking trips to Salt lake to go to Jobbers (a fun cheap store), lunches at Burger King, going to DI to get dress up clothes, and once again that's just a tip off the ice berg. I hope to be like that with my kids.
- She understands what it's like to be a kid. Let me explain...When I was in high school my friend and I snuck out and got our belly buttons pierced. We vowed to each other that we would not tell our parents because both sets would be so upset with us. But as soon as we got home I went straight to my parents room and showed them. My mom just laughed and said that she probably would've done the same thing when she was my age.
- She's accepting of everyone. Regardless of who you are or where you come from my mom will love you!!
I LOVE YOU MOM:)