Monday, September 15, 2008

My little girl isn't so little anymore...


Dum dum da dum...Dum dum da dum...dum dum da dum dum da dum dum da dum.....
Ivy has just informed me that today she was asked to marry Noah. He's her friend at Daycare. She was very giddy and so excited...I thought I was entitled to at least 18 years. I asked her if I could tell Joe, to which she eagerly said "Yes, tell him like this, 'Joooee come here'". Joe immediately asked Ivy his full name so he could be on guard and maybe throw a few punches at this kid for taking our little Ivy. She got heartbroken and begged Joe not to.
It was so funny though, she said that he is her boyfriend and that he did try to kiss her, but she didn't kiss him. The whole time she's telling me everything she's so excited and laughing, such a silly girly laugh...maybe the way she will when she's older, much much older. I started to sing "Ivy and Noah sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G..." She didn't want me to stop when it was over and asked "again?...again?"
It is funny to me that it starts at such a young age. I'd better start teaching her that boys have cooties and they like to eat dirt and pick their noses...hopefully that'll prevent her from getting so excited over her little boyfriend Noah.

No comments: