Friday, October 3, 2008

Untangled

Have you seen the "Friends" episode where Phoebe gives Monica a massage and Monica goes crazy?!

The one where they said....

Phoebe: Why won't you let me massage you?
Monica: Well, it's... I mean... I would be self-conscious. You're my friend. You'd see me naked.
Phoebe: Monica, we lived together for years. I've seen you naked.
Monica: That's different, we were roommates. And when?
Phoebe: I'm curious about the human body.

Phoebe: That's it, just relax.
Monica: Ah, oh! Oh!
Phoebe: Come on, more.
Monica: Oh god!
Phoebe: Yeah, you like that, don't you.
Monica: Yeah, right there.
Phoebe: You want it there, you take it there, baby.
Monica: Uh, Phoebe?
Phoebe: Yeah, say my name. Say it! ...and now I'm going to cover you back up, and, um, I won't be speaking to you for several weeks.



I thought for just a minute the other day that I would be like Monica. Seriously, I had to bite my lips from a few moans coming out.

Daniel had given me a gift certificate to the spa for Mother's Day. I'd lost it for a minute and finally found it...in the nick of time (my body is aching like crazy). I called the spa to make sure the card hadn't expired and was so excited when I found out they offer a maternity massage. I immediately scheduled my session.

OH MY GOODNESS!! Seriously is was the best hour of my life....in a long time. It felt so good. Apparently I might be stressed or something, don't know why, because I had knots in just about every muscle. The massage therapist couldn't believe it. First he found 3 smaller knots in my shoulder, (for the maternity session you are lying on your side so this is just the first shoulder). Then he went to my arms, did you know you can get knots in that stupid little muscle (now I'm not good with human anatamy so bear with me) between your elbow and wrist. Let me assure you, you can. My thighs and calves were covered in knots, and then he got to my hips and bottom area...holy crap, this is were I wanted to let out some noise. It felt so good to get those knots out!

AHHH, I was so lucky to get this done. Now if I could somehow find a way to get one everyday...well I guess I could settle for every other day, heck I'll be good with once a week. If you have any ideas how I can rig this, LET ME KNOW!

1 comment:

Shari said...

I remember the first time I went to get one. Shocking! The second time around was much better and I was much more relaxed! Duane gives me one each Mother's Day! I look forward to my hour of relaxing for the year but I am with you on having one A LOT more often!