Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cheese Burger Soup

Now the name is kinda funny and I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but let me confirm that this is one yummy soup. Especially when the wind is whistling outside my door, the clouds are dark, and when you just want to snuggle up with your favorite blankie.

I got this recipe from my friend Cindee's blog. She'd told me about it before, in fact I'm sure she's given me the recipe but when your mind is as young and fresh as mine (hahaha) it gets filed away somewhere and nearly forgotten.

Go try this for your next dinner, you won't be disappointed, you will be delighted. Now if only my dinner dates would just get home so I can eat more and not just snitching some every chance I get.:)

Cheese Burger Soup

1/2 lb ground beef, browned and drained
3/4 c shredded Carrots
3/4 c chopped Onion
3/4 c diced Celery
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 stick butter
2-3 c Chicken Broth
4 medium potatoes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1/2 c Flour (add more if needed)
1 1/2 c Milk (add more if needed)
3/4 c Sour Cream
24 slices Kraft cheese torn into 1 inch pieces

In large pot or crock pot, add browned ground beef and broth. Cook on LOW heat. Peel and quarter potatoes. Place in microwave-safe bowl and cover with water. Cover and cook for 13-15 minutes. In the same pan you cooked the ground beef in, sauté 1/2 stick butter, onion, carrots, celery, basil and parsley (about 7 minutes). Add sautéed mixture to large pot. In the same pan you sautéed vegetables in, place flour and 1/2 cube butter. Cook over medium heat and whisk in milk slowly. Let thicken. Add salt and pepper. Remove from heat and add sour cream. Mix well. Return to heat and add torn pieces of cheese slices and stir over medium heat until melted and smooth. Slowly add to large pot. Cut cooked potatoes into bite sized pieces and add to pot. Let thicken for one hour. You can adjust the milk and flour for a thicker or thinner soup base.

2 comments:

Chad, Krissie, Sotera & Slade said...

mmmmm....sounds delicious & very filling!! I just made Taco Soup last night & some pumpkin squares with cream cheese frosting. I was hoping to bring a little "fall" here, since I am not used to fall being in the mid 80's!!!

amity said...

sounds interesting!! may have to try it sometime.